Best GPS Trackers For Kid’s Shoes
As a parent, keeping your child safe is your top priority. Especially if you have a special needs or autistic child. If you want to ensure your child never gets lost then you need to consider a personal GPS tracking device. In this article, we will discuss the benefits of using a GPS tracker for kids’ shoes, the important features of child tracking devices, and everything you need to know about kid GPS technology. Now, let’s take a look at some tracking devices for kids and answer frequently asked questions parents have!
What Is The Best Tracking Device For Children’s Shoes – Top 4 Choices According To Child Safety Experts
Some GPS trackers for kids’ shoes provide location updates, a panic button feature, and live GPS tracking. This makes it easy to always know where your child is located. Whether it is GPS watches for kids or safety wearables, below are some of the top-rated GPS devices for kids according to those who purchased mini GPS trackers on Amazon.
AngelSense School Guardian – Best GPS For Kids With Sensory Sensitivities
Here are some of the features and specs of the AngelSense School Guardian:
- Non-removable wearing: The device is designed for children with sensory sensitivities and can only be removed with a special parent key.
- School bus monitoring: The device provides live tracking maps, updated ETAs, and detailed ride histories for each and every bus ride.
- Assistive speakerphone: The device features an auto-answer speakerphone and an SOS panic button call request button, allowing you to speak with your child during an emergency.
- Share live location: The device allows you to share your child’s live location with search and rescue teams at the click of a button.
- 2-way voice with auto-pickup speakerphone: The device has a built-in 2-way voice with auto-pickup speakerphone.
- Cellular network: The device works on a cellular network and has unlimited distance.
- Smart design: The device is designed to be comfortable for kids to wear and is available in a range of colors.
Watch a YouTube review on AngelSense GPS by CLICKING HERE!
Amazon Rating: 4 out of 5 stars (583 ratings as of 4/4/23)
Jiobit – Amazon Best Seller For Child GPS Tracking
Here are some of the standout features and specs of the Jiobit:
- Real-time tracking: The device provides real-time tracking, notifications, and location history to help you keep tabs on your child’s whereabouts.
- Durable and water-resistant: The Jiobit is built to withstand everyday wear and tear and is water-resistant, so you don’t have to worry about it getting damaged.
- SOS mode: The Jiobit has partnered with Noonlight to create a personal, always-available, automated security system with 911 emergency response. Activating SOS mode notifies your care team and sends emergency details along with the current location to a professional dispatcher who will contact you immediately.
- Easy to use: The Jiobit has no power button, no switches, no extra hardware, and no complicated setup, making it easy for parents to use.
- Designed for humans and made for families: The Jiobit is designed and engineered in the US by world-class mobile device experts, and it’s built to be user-friendly and easy to use.
When it comes to your child’s safety, you can never be too careful. Jiobit was made for tracking loved ones, Apple AirTags were designed for tracking keys. Make sure you trust a GPS locator for kids that can handle the immense responsibility.
Watch a YouTube review on JioBit GPS by CLICKING HERE!
Amazon Rating: 4 out of 5 stars (2,255 ratings as of 4/4/23)
Active Halto – Wearable Tracker Device For Kid’s Shoes
The Active Halo® GPS Smart Locator is a reliable and child-friendly device that ensures your family’s safety through real-time location tracking and voice functionality. Sold on Amert Alert GPS, this product comes with an intuitive parent app and a user-friendly portal that keeps you informed of your child’s whereabouts 24/7. And what do we love most about this unique personal GPS tracker? The one-of-a-kind predator alerts feature ensures you are always informed of potential threats!
Here are some of the top features of this GPS locator for kids:
- Easy-to-use parent app and portal.
- Two-way calling with your child anytime.
- Frequent location updates and long battery life – up to 40 hours.
- Safe zone alerts and SOS alerts via voice call, text, and/or email.
- One-of-a-kind predator alerts feature to be informed of potential threats.
- Perfect for children with special needs, such as autism.
Amazon Rating: 4 out of 5 stars (2,255 ratings as of 4/4/23)
TickTalk 4 – Best GPS Watches For Kids
Looking for a way to stay connected to your child without giving them a cell phone? Look no further than the TickTalk 4 GPS watch for kids! Designed for children ages 5-12, this advanced 4G/LTE smartwatch phone combines voice and video calling, in-app messaging, location tracking, and more! All while being CPC-approved and COPPA Safe Harbor certified for your child’s safety. And isn’t safety the most important thing?
With the included free SIM card and pay-as-you-go plan, you can keep the investment to a minimum. And with features like GPS location tracking and emergency SOS contacts, you’ll always know where your child is 24/7. And even better, be able to get in touch with them in case of an emergency!
But the TickTalk 4 isn’t just about safety. It’s also a fun and engaging device for kids, with features like 2-way HD video and voice calling, free streaming music, and 20+ parental controls to help you manage screen time and other settings. Plus, with a durable, kid-proof design that’s IP67 water-resistant, drop-proof, and shock-proof! That means you can rest easy knowing your child’s TickTalk 4 will stand up to whatever adventures they have in store. And yes we know this isn’t a GPS tracker for kid’s shoes, but the device is too cool when it comes to child safety products.
TickTalk 4 GPS Watch for Kids Features:
- GPS location tracking and emergency SOS contacts for peace of mind.
- CPC approved and COPPA Safe Harbor certified for children’s safety.
- 2-way HD video and voice calling for easy communication.
- 20+ parental controls to manage screen time and other settings.
- Durable, kid-proof design that’s IP67 water-resistant, drop-proof, and shock-proof.
Watch a YouTube review on TickTalk 4 smartwatch by CLICKING HERE!
Amazon Rating: 4.1 out of 5 stars (1,723 ratings as of 4/4/23)
9 Child Safety Tips For Keeping Your Kid’s Safe
- Stay with a trusted adult in public places, especially crowded areas, to reduce the risk of getting lost or separated.
- Memorize your full name, address, and phone number, in case you need to provide this information to someone if you get lost. About 90% of missing children have run away from home, and 40% of those are at risk of being sex trafficked or lured into prostitution. (Source: International Labour Organization)
- Have a plan for what to do if you get lost or separated from your family, and practice this plan together.
- Stick to well-lit and populated areas, especially when walking or biking alone. About 70% of child abductions by strangers involve the use of physical force. (Source: National Center for Missing & Exploited Children)
- Never accept a ride from a stranger, even if they seem friendly or offer you candy or toys. Never! Approximately 34% of child abductions by strangers involve the use of a vehicle.
- Be aware of your surroundings and report any suspicious activity or people to a trusted adult or authority figure. Only about 1 in 5 children who are abducted by strangers are released unharmed. (Source: National Center for Missing & Exploited Children)
- Avoid talking to strangers online or sharing personal information, including your name, age, or location. In 2020, the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children’s Cyber Tipline received over 21.7 million reports of online child exploitation.
- Trust your instincts and speak up if you feel uncomfortable or threatened by someone’s behavior. The first three hours after a child goes missing are the most critical for finding them safe.
- Stay connected with your parents or guardians, and let them know where you are and who you’re with at all times. Why? Because roughly 60% of child abductions by strangers occur within a quarter-mile of the child’s home.
Click here for more child safety tips from Safe Kids Worldwide.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Can I Track My Son’s Location?
By putting a GPS locator for kids in your son or daughter’s pocket or backpack! Once your son is carrying a tracker device you can use a child safety mobile app on your smartphone to instantly locate where he is. Pretty cool right? The location trackers give parents like yourself the ability to know where their kid is 24/7.
Are There Any Safety Concerns With Using GPS Trackers For Kid’s Shoes?
Yes, GPS trackers for kids are generally safe to use. However, you should always make sure that the kid’s GPS tracker you are using is age-appropriate and has been tested for safety. It’s also important to talk to your child about why you’re actively tracking them and to explain that it’s for their safety. This is a good time to mention other important safety tips for your child.
Can You Put A GPS Tracker In Your Child?
No. Many parents worried about kidnapping, wandering, or simply general safety often ask if there is a child tracking chip implant. The truth is there is no technology or products on the market that allow parents to place an implantable microchip with GPS tracking in their child. Therefore, parents seeking a child microchip tracker should look into other, more real, and viable options to boost safety among children.
Learn more about how we test, review and evaluate each GPS tracker for kid’s shoes by visiting our methodology page.
- Best GPS Trackers For Kid’s Shoes
- What Is The Best Tracking Device For Children’s Shoes – Top 4 Choices According To Child Safety Experts
- AngelSense School Guardian – Best GPS For Kids With Sensory Sensitivities
- Jiobit – Amazon Best Seller For Child GPS Tracking
- Active Halto – Wearable Tracker Device For Kid’s Shoes
- TickTalk 4 – Best GPS Watches For Kids
- 9 Child Safety Tips For Keeping Your Kid’s Safe
- Frequently Asked Questions