Best Small GPS Tracker Long Battery Life
Magnet GPS Tracker Receives Top Marks For 2023
When it comes to finding the best hidden GPS tracker for car, truck, or personal safety one of the most important questions people have is how long is the battery life? Obviously, battery life is something that is important for any live GPS tracking system, but when people want a covert, mini tracking device there will be a sacrifice of some power. The reason for this is that the smaller the GPS device the shorter the battery life. Therefore, it really is a balancing act of engineering a device small enough to be hidden inside or outside of a vehicle and at the same time having a good amount of battery life to power the tracker for an amount of time that meets the demands of the business or consumer. So what is the best mini GPS tracker with long battery life on the market today? The answer comes in the form of a mini real time GPS tracker called the SpaceHawk.
SpaceHawk Magnet GPS Features
- 30+ Hours Battery Life On Single Charge
- Monthly Data Plans Starting At $19.95
- 4G Battery Operated GPS Device For Asset Tracking
- SIM Card Included With Real Time GPS Tracker
- Lifetime Access To Tracking Platform
- Waterproof Magnetic Housing
- Location Update Every 3 Seconds
According to GPS Tracking Review, the Everlast GPS is the device with the longest battery life on the market today.
What Are The Best GPS Tracking Devices?
Battery Operated Vehicle GPS Tracker
Technology continues to evolve at a rapid pace so the best vehicle locator with long battery life today will most likely not hold that title in 3 years, but in 2021 the top-rated covert tracker with battery power is the SpaceHawk. Clearly, the most striking feature of this mini tracker is the size:
|Dimensions (L x W x H)||2.2 x 2.2 x 0.9″|
However, another really cool feature that elevates the SpaceHawk over many of the other tracking devices on the market is the design of a motion sensor. What is a motion sensor to GPS tracker? When constructed with a motion sensor a GPS tracker has the ability to determine when a vehicle is moving or when it is parked. This single feature is very advantageous because it can lengthen battery life substantially. This is because when an automobile is parked the motion sensor will transition the mini GPS tracker into a sleep mode in an effort to maximize battery life. When the vehicle begins to move again the motion sensor will activate, powering the GPS tracker back on!
Personal & Car Tracker Honorable Mentions
Although we find the SpaceHawk asset monitoring device as one of the best devices in terms of a mini tracker with extended battery power, here are a few other fleet tracking systems that deserve honorable mentions:
- Brickhouse Security 140-Day 4G Spark Nano
- Tile Pro
- QBit GPS
- Cube Bluetooth GPS
If you are concerned a GPS device might be hidden on your vehicle please read our tips about how to scan your car for a tracking device!
How Long Does A Battery Last In A GPS Tracker?
Portable GPS trackers that are on the move constantly will not be able to provide 6 months or a year of continuous tracking. Sorry, but if you are looking for a GPS vehicle tracker with that much power you are better off hard-wiring the device to the 12-volt system of the car or opting for a solution that can be outfitted to the OBD2 port. SpaceHawk is very small in size, has a powerful outside magnetic mount, and can provide roughly 30 hours of non-stop tracking. Most motorists only operate their automobiles for 1 to maybe 2 hours each day, which means the micro tracking device will provide battery life for 2-4 weeks. This is, of course, thanks in large part to the motion sensor that will transition the tracker into sleep mode when movement is paused.
What Are Some Other Mini GPS Tracking Devices You Recommend?
There are several mini GPS trackers with long battery life on the market. Here are some examples:
- Spytec GL300 GPS Tracker – This personal GPS tracker has a battery life of up to 2.5 weeks and is great for tracking people, vehicles, and assets.
- Amcrest 4G LTE GPS Tracker – This vehicle GPS tracker has a battery life of up to 2 weeks and offers real-time tracking, geofencing, and other advanced features.
- Tracki Mini Real time GPS Tracker – This GPS locator has a battery life of up to 2 weeks and offers real-time tracking, geofencing, and other advanced features.
- LandAirSea 54 GPS Tracker – This mini GPS has a battery life of up to 2.5 weeks and offers real-time tracking, geofencing, and other advanced features.
- Optimus 2.0 GPS Tracker – This tracking device has a battery life of up to 2 weeks and offers real-time tracking, geofencing, and other advanced features.
When choosing a mini GPS tracker with a long battery life, it’s important to consider the device’s features, accuracy, and ease of use, in addition to its battery life.
Sage is a freelance writer with a background in information technology.