5 Best Personal GPS Trackers For 2023- Personal GPS Safety
Is your teenager taking a solo trip somewhere exotic and you want to make sure they are safe by knowing their personal location? Maybe you have a child who frequently gets lost or a senior family member with dementia who wanders? If so, a personal GPS tracking device is something that could enhance your family’s safety. This article will discuss the 5 best personal GPS trackers on the market, and what makes each mini GPS tracker unique. Let’s first start by addressing what are personal GPS location trackers, and find out how realtime GPS is being used by families.
What Is A Personal GPS Tracker?
Personal GPS tracking devices are small, portable GPS units that can be used for anything from secretly tracking a vehicle to making sure an elderly family member is safe. Personal GPS trackers utilize GPS satellites to determine position, location, speed, and other data that can be helpful in locating automobiles, assets, and missing persons. GPS data is recorded onto the GPS locators where it is broadcasted over cellular networks via SIM card. This allows you to view, in real time, where your loved ones are located right from a tracker app on your iPhone, Android or computer. Pretty cool right? Here are the top 5 reasons people invest in personal tracking technology:
- Parents who want a GPS tracker for kids that might wander
- Families who want to real time GPS track an elderly loved on who gets lost while driving
- Athletes in need of a fitness tracker to increase athletic performance
- Businesses that need GPS trackers for vehicles for fleet tracking
- Schools that can use mini GPS devices to track kids with special needs & autism
- Adventurers looking to enhance survival gear in a GPS tracker for hiking
Top 5 Personal GPS Tracking Devices 2023
DISCLAIMER: Information on the GPS tracking devices on this list was gathered from company websites, Amazon, and other online reviews. Each one of the location trackers featured has unique characteristics and requires monthly subscription costs, so we encourage you to learn more about each real time GPS on your own. That way you can learn more about each asset tracker along with its battery life, size, subscription fee, technical support, warranty, and smartphone app’s user-friendliness.
Again, this is only a list of the top 5 personal GPS tracking devices, not a ranking or in-depth review of each personal GPS and 4G tracker. The goal is to inform readers of the different personal tracking spy gear options currently on the market. We hope you enjoy this list!
SpaceHawk – Best Overall Personal GPS Tracker
Rated the best car GPS tracker in 2023 by GPS Tracking Review, SpaceHawk is a magnetic GPS that can be used for tracking people, vehicles, or any personal assets. Out of every 4G vehicle tracker device on the market, SpaceHawk was the only device that updates the tracker’s location as fast as every 3 seconds. Highly-rated vehicle tracking devices on Amazon such as Vyncs GPS tracker, Tracki, and Family1st only provide updates every minute. However, the most attractive feature of the mini GPS is the small size that allows you to use the personal GPS tracking device for monitoring kids, vehicles, seniors, assets, and even pets!
SpaceHawk is small, waterproof, and designed with a powerful magnet mount so you can easily attach the vehicle GPS tracker under any automobile or asset. The magnet mount feature is unlike other personal tracking devices such as the BrickHouse Spark Nano 7, SpyTec GL300, and Family1st GPS which all require an additional waterproof case for outside placement on a vehicle. This makes SpaceHawk the smallest GPS tracker on the market, and the perfect tool for catching a cheating spouse! As one online reviewer stated, “Found out the truth with this GPS car tracker, and now I am single. Catch me on Tinder for tacos and margaritas”.
More technical features include speed alerts, unlimited geofence alerts, lifetime access to historical data, low battery notifications, and the ability to track all your assets at the same time from user-friendly smartphone apps for iPhone or Android. The best part? Free technical support is available for the life of your SpaceHawk car tracker as well as a one-year manufacturer’s warranty.
5 Awesome Product Highlights
- No service contracts, and a super low monthly fee for unlimited data
- Car GPS tracker can update as fast as every 3 seconds
- Free technical support for the life of the real time tracking device
- Portable magnetic GPS with waterproof housing
- Rated best GPS tracker for car by GPS Tracking Review
- Battery Life, on 3-sec to 3-min updates | 1 to 3 weeks
- Dimensions | D: 2.275″ H: 0.945″
- Tracking Technology | 4G LTE + Satellite
BrickHouse Security Spark Nano 7- Cheapest Mini GPS
One of the features that stands out on the Spark Nano 7 over other personal GPS trackers such as the LandAirSea GPS 54, Tracki, and Verizon Connect, is the full coverage in North America. Equipped with an international roaming SIM card, Spark Nano 7 will provide real time GPS updates in Canada, Mexico, and the United States. The wireless GPS tracker also features an SOS panic button that your children or teens can activate when they need help. The distress signal activated by the panic button will send alerts via email or text message to caretakers or parents instantly.
5 Awesome Product Highlights
- Accessory Waterproof Case With Magnet Mount
- Panic SOS Button Feature
- Coverage In Canada, Mexico, and USA
- Free Technical Support & 2nd Day Shipping
- 30-day money back guarantee
- Size: 3.0” x 1.58” x 1.0”
- Weight: 3.3 Oz
- 15 days of battery life in sleep mode
Samsung SmartTag- Best Lightweight Tracker For Luggage
Another awesome feature of the Samsung SmartTag personal GPS tracker is that it can work both indoors and outdoors.
The device offers approximately 10 days of real time GPS tracking, and will allow you to track your keys, pets, or personal assets via smartphone app. As one Amazon reviewer said about the Samsung SmartThings tracker app, “They stole my car in Mexico, and I was able to follow it until the car was found!”
5 Awesome Product Highlights
- Dog and cat GPS
- Wi-fi connectivity
- Durable, water-resistant design
- Easily attaches to luggage
- Only $29.95
- Size: 1.7″ x 1.7″ x 0.5″
- Weight: 0.8 Ozs
- 5 days active battery life with 1 minute update
TileMate – Best Phone Finder & Locator For Keys
Although Tile Mate can’t be used for fleet tracking or tracking vehicles of any kind due to the limitations of BlueTooth technology, the device can be super useful. Especially, if you are a senior who constantly loses your keys or phone. By simply double-tapping the Tile button, the device will help you find your phone by having it play a loud tone even if the mobile phone is in do not disturb mode!
5 Awesome Product Highlights
- Voice integration with Alexa and Siri
- Bluetooth tracker
- GPS tracker with no monthly fees
- Locator for kids, pets, keys, and phone
- Top rated personal tracker on Amazon
- Size 1.38” x 0.24” x 1.38 “
- Weight: 1.4Oz
- Battery: rechargeable battery (lit-ion)
Spot 3 Satellite Messenger – Best Personal GPS Global Coverage
This personal GPS tracker is not for vehicle tracking, but rather travelers and those in unfamiliar places who might need help. Simply press the panic button to notify the IERCC (International Emergency Response Coordination Center can alert local emergency services personnel about your dire situation. They can also provide the GPS coordinates so you can quickly be rescued.
Spot Trace also allows you to send out custom text messages to your contacts so you can share your trip details with loved ones. This same technology can also be used to share your GPS coordinates with up to 10 contacts if you ever find yourself in a life-threatening emergency.
5 Awesome Product Highlights
- Durable and compact
- Real time GPS location
- Send instant alerts via email and SMS
- Panic SOS button
- Personal GPS tracker designed for outdoors
- Size: 6.9” x 2.02” x 0.95”
- Weight: 1 oz
- Battery : 4 AAA Energizer Ultimate Lithium 8x batteries (L92) – Installed
- 10-14 days active battery life with one-minute updates
GPS Personal Safety: Why It Is Important?
According to a 2008 Federal Bureau Investigation (FBI) report regarding missing persons, nearly 780,000 missing person records were entered into the National Crime Information Center (NCIC). Reports were documented and filed by family members and friends who felt the missing person’s personal safety was in great danger. By using a GPS tracker for kids and using features like safe zones, geofencing, and real time alerts, parents can quickly locate a missing child instead of having to reach out to search and rescue personnel.
Top 5 Personal GPS Tracker FAQs
1. Is There A Personal GPS Tracking Device No Monthly Fee?
GPS data loggers are personal GPS trackers that do not have monthly subscription fees. However, no monthly fee GPS trackers do not provide live updates or alerts. That means they are not recommended for personal safety applications.
2. How Can I Track My Elderly GPS?
The best way to track a senior who is still driving is to place a GPS tracking device on the automobile or via OBD2 port. If the elderly person is no longer driving, they can be tracked using a personal GPS tracker that can be kept in the pocket or attached to clothing. For personal tracking, consider investing in a device with an SOS panic button feature.
3. Does GPS Require Cell Service?
Real time GPS tracking devices require a monthly subscription for sending data over cell towers. This is not an added-on cost to your current cell service provider. The reason is that personal GPS trackers operate as their own independent monitoring solutions that utilize enhanced service features of cell towers. The monthly data plan cost for real time GPS tracking is between $15-$30 a month. However, GPS data loggers do not require the use of cell towers and therefore are no monthly fee GPS trackers.
4. How Long Does A Personal GPS Tracker Battery Last?
Personal GPS trackers that provide real time updates have shorter battery life, providing around 30 hours of consecutive movement recording. When a personal tracker is not moving it will retain battery power by going into hibernation mode is activated via a motion sensor.
5. Who Are Personal GPS Safety Device Users?
When it comes to who would want to use a GPS device to enhance personal safety the range of potential users is quite diverse. The shortlist includes:
- Parents wanting to monitor a child walking to/from school
- Businesses with door-to-door marketing employees
- Parents concerned about the driving activity of a teenager
- Companies looking for improving fleet management
- Automobile owners seeking vehicle security
The great thing about compact GPS devices for personal safety is that they provide users the ability to monitor the things that are important to them every minute of every day. Such technology wasn’t readily available or affordable even a decade ago but now through the use of GPS tracking, businesses are able to keep a more observant eye on employee activity and parents an eye on their families. This is certainly a positive thing for all parties
If you want to realtime GPS track your kids or need fleet tracking for vehicles, you want to look at features, cost, and online reviews. Always remember to ask about battery life, any activation or monthly subscription fees, GPS coverage, and of course, technical support. We recommend SpaceHawk as the top personal realtime tracking solution, but encourage you to find what’s best for your specific needs!
- 5 Best Personal GPS Trackers For 2023- Personal GPS Safety
- What Is A Personal GPS Tracker?
- Top 5 Personal GPS Tracking Devices 2023
- SpaceHawk – Best Overall Personal GPS Tracker
- BrickHouse Security Spark Nano 7- Cheapest Mini GPS
- Samsung SmartTag- Best Lightweight Tracker For Luggage
- TileMate – Best Phone Finder & Locator For Keys
- Spot 3 Satellite Messenger – Best Personal GPS Global Coverage
- GPS Personal Safety: Why It Is Important?
- Top 5 Personal GPS Tracker FAQs