GPS Data Loggers – 6 Best For 2023
Surveillance devices such as WiFi cameras, cell phone spy apps, and voice recorders are all helpful in uncovering the truth. But if you really want to find out what is going on then the best thing to do is invest in an affordable GPS vehicle tracker. The problem is real time GPS trackers require monthly fees. Do you want to track a vehicle but not pay any monthly subscription fees? If you are looking to secretly track a vehicle and find out if a spouse is cheating then the solution for you is a GPS data logger. Here is our list of the top 6 GPS data loggers on the market for 2023. Now, let’s explore each product and explain what makes them unique.
1. Best Overall Real Time GPS Tracker No Monthly Fees- LandAirsSea GPS Asset Tracker
GPS Logger Features:
- Bust A Cheating Spouse With Second-By-Second Tracking
- Spy Gear Can Be Hidden Under Vehicle (Magnet Mount)
- Lifetime Technical Support At No Cost
- Counter Surveillance Bug Sweepers Can’t Locate GPS
- Battery Powered Vehicle Locator
- GPS Tracker With No Subscription Fee
LandAirSea is a motion-activated, real time GPS tracking, car GPS that allows you to be your own private investigator at a fraction of the cost. Whether you want to keep track of loved ones or catch a cheating partner, this active GPS comes with a full year of real time GPS tracking service that updates vehicle location every single minute. Unlike the rexing GPS logger or Columbus v1000 GPS data logger, LandAirSea can alert you if your vehicle is stolen and allow you to see where your automobile is located 24/7.
2. Best Bluetooth GPS Data Logger – Qstarz BT-Q1000XT Bluetooth GPS
Bluetooth Data Logger Features:
- 40-Day Memory Capacity
- Vibration Sensor
- Bluetooth Data Logger
- Data Logger GPS Costs $115.00
- Wired And Wireless GPS Receiver
One of the only data logger GPS solutions with Bluetooth capabilities, Qstarz BL-1000st can be easily connected to iPhone, iPad, or Android devices. But the reason why someone would want to invest in Qstarz BL-1000st over the iTrail GPS logger or other GPS locators on this list is that the Qstarz BT-Q1000XT Bluetooth GPS is a true travel GPS device. Record your travel adventures and track your journey no matter how far you go with this receiver data logger!
3. Best Sports GPS Data Logger – iGOTu GT 600
GPS Logger Features:
- USB GPS Data Logger
- Super Compact Size 46×41.5x14mm
- Can Store Up To 262,000 Waypoints
- Geo Tag Photos
- Record Routes On Google Maps
With a water-resistant hardware design and motion activated sensor, iGOTu GT 600 will give you the technology to record and geotag your adventures.
4. Highly Rated GPS Receiver – iTrail GPS Tracking Device
GPS Logger Features:
- Trail GPS Logger Offers 120 Hours of Storage
- Very Small GPS Vehicle Tracking Device
- Asset Tracker Has Rechargeable Battery
- Top Rated Logging Devices
- Portable GPS Records Driving History
iTrail GPS logger is a motion-activated asset tracking device engineered by KJB Security and sold online at BrickHouse Security. This GPS tracker with magnet case is water-resistant, affordable, and records position every second.
5. Best Selling GPS Tracker For Car – GPS Tracking Key
GPS Data Logger Features
- Top Selling Logger On The Market
- Surface Magnet
- Tracking Data Logs Every Second
- USB GPS Makes For Easy Download
- Perfect Security Solution For Employee Monitoring
One of the top-selling passive car tracking devices of all time, GPS Tracking Key by LandAirSea was marketed as a spouse GPS tracking logger from 2007 up until the item was discontinued in 2019. The reason why the GPS manufacturer ceased production on the GPS module was that the GPS data logger updated with every Windows and Mac update and this would occasionally cause firmware issues. Mix in the rise of cost-effective real time GPS trackers hitting the market and the end result was LandAirSea pivoting toward car tracking devices that provide live location updates.
6. Best Outdoor GPS Device – G-Porter GP-102+ Multifunction GPS Device
- Affordable GPS With Digital Compass
- GPS-Sync, Weather Station, Pedometer, Barometer, Thermometer, Speedometer
- Sports Modes For Marking Outdoor Locations
- Geotag Photos With GPS Units
What makes the GP102 multi-function GPS device data logger different than other GPS locators are this list is that this sports GPS data logger is specifically designed for outdoor activity. This handheld GPS will allow you to geotag photos, provide weather updates, and give you
10 Benefits Of GPS Receivers
GPS data loggers are powerful devices that can record and store location data for later analysis. Although the market is now dominated by real time GPS trackers, here are 10 real-world benefits of data loggers:
- Provides accurate location and speed data with cm-level accuracy
- Offers lap timing for motorsports enthusiasts
- Can record temperature data with the use of external sensors
- Can be integrated with Arduino Uno and other microcontrollers
- Can be used for fleet vehicle management and monitoring
- Offers vibration sensors for monitoring equipment and assets
- Can operate on external power, making it ideal for long-term tracking
- Can store data on SD or microSD cards for easy transfer and analysis
- Can be connected to Bluetooth or USB for wireless data transfer
- Can display data on Google Maps or Google Earth for easy visualization
Some popular GPS data logger models include Columbus V-990, BT-Q1000XT Bluetooth Data Logger GPS, GPS Pro Bluetooth Data Logger, and Bad Elf GPS Pro Bluetooth. These devices offer a wide range of features, such as water resistance, high update rates, and Bluetooth BLE connectivity, making them ideal for a variety of applications.
Understanding What Passive GPS Is
Passive GPS is one of the two classifications of GPS tracking, the other being real-time GPS. While most people are familiar with real-time GPS, passive GPS technology also offers a range of benefits. Passive GPS receivers capture radio signals transmitted from satellites in space, allowing them to determine location, speed, altitude, and other useful data without the need for an Internet connection or cellular coverage.
Passive GPS systems, also known as GPS data loggers, record all historical information, making them valuable for personal safety and fleet vehicle management. However, unlike real-time GPS systems, passive GPS cannot offer live data. Users must remove the device from the target object or vehicle and download the saved location data via a USB connection to a computer or laptop. Once downloaded, the data can be used to track vehicle speeds, stops made, and address information, among other things. The information is displayed in a clear, easy-to-understand text format or overlaid on satellite imagery programs like Microsoft Virtual Earth or Google Earth.
Best GPS Data Logger 2023
- Wireless GPS Tracker 100% Waterproof
- Less Than $100 For Real Time GPS Car Tracker Updates
- Legal Vehicle Tracking Device
If you’re looking for an affordable fleet tracking solution, the SpaceHawk hidden GPS tracker is a great option. This mini GPS offers real-time tracking updates for a year and does not require a monthly subscription. Pretty great right? With unlimited updates every minute, this top-rated GPS vehicle tracker can be easily attached to any asset. Plus, the powerful magnet mount allows you to easily install the tracker discreetly on a vehicle without the driver knowing!
GPS Data Logger Four Points Of Evaluation
The security experts at GPS Tracker Shop decided on four major points of testing; battery life, power options, antenna sensitivity, and intangibles. Many GPS trackers that were tested scored high marks in one or maybe two of the pre-set categories, but the SpaceHawk GPS was the only device to rank highly in all four of the categories. Therefore, SpaceHawk personal tracker is the best no monthly fee GPS tracking device currently on the market.
1. Battery-Life. The average GPS receiver records approximately 10-15 hours of wheels-in-motion driving time. SpaceHawk was able to record GPS data for 20+ hours during testing.
2. Power Options. SpaceHawk GPS offers different powering options, such as a cigarette lighter adapter or wiring cables. These accessories are not included with the purchase but can be used to hard-connect the tracker to a vehicle. This feature provides users with more options for powering the device.
3. Antenna Sensitivity. Antenna sensitivity is actually very important when it comes to covert GPS tracking technology because the majority of the time the GPS tracker will not have an optimum line of sight to the sky. This means that the GPS tracker will need to be able to record accurate data in less-than-ideal locations making antenna sensitivity very important.
4. Intangibles. The vehicle tracking market is crowded, making it hard to compare devices. That’s why intangibles, like warranty and support, are critical. SpaceHawk GPS offers excellent battery life, power options, and antenna sensitivity. It comes with a one-year warranty and 24/7 technical support, which is rare in the GPS tracking industry. Free technical support can give buyers confidence in using the product.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I Use A GPS Tracker Without An Internet Connection?
Yes, passive GPS trackers or loggers like the Bad Elf GPS Pro Bluetooth can work without an Internet connection. They use GNSS data to track your location and can store data for later analysis.
What Is The Difference Between GPS And GNSS?
GPS is a type of GNSS, or Global Navigation Satellite System, that was developed by the United States government. Other examples of GNSS include Russia’s GLONASS and Europe’s Galileo.
Can GPS Trackers Work Without A Power Source?
Some GPS trackers like the Columbus V-990 and the BT-Q1000XT Bluetooth Data Logger GPS can operate on external power, such as a battery pack or USB power bank.
How Do I Download Data From A Passive GPS Tracker?
Most GPS trackers or receivers like the ELF GPS Pro Bluetooth come with a USB cable or a microSD card that you can use to transfer data to your computer. Some models may also offer wireless connectivity options, such as Bluetooth or Wi-Fi.
- GPS Data Loggers – 6 Best For 2023
- 1. Best Overall Real Time GPS Tracker No Monthly Fees- LandAirsSea GPS Asset Tracker
- 2. Best Bluetooth GPS Data Logger – Qstarz BT-Q1000XT Bluetooth GPS
- 3. Best Sports GPS Data Logger – iGOTu GT 600
- 4. Highly Rated GPS Receiver – iTrail GPS Tracking Device
- 5. Best Selling GPS Tracker For Car – GPS Tracking Key
- 6. Best Outdoor GPS Device – G-Porter GP-102+ Multifunction GPS Device
- 10 Benefits Of GPS Receivers
- Understanding What Passive GPS Is
- Best GPS Data Logger 2023
- GPS Data Logger Four Points Of Evaluation