GPS Data Loggers – 6 Best For 2024
Surveillance devices such as WiFi cameras, cell phone spy apps, and voice recorders are all helpful in uncovering the truth. But if you really want to find out the truth, the best security product is the GPS vehicle tracker. However, one drawback of real time GPS trackers is that they require monthly fees for a data subscription. So how can you track a vehicle but not pay any monthly subscription fees? If you are looking to secretly track a vehicle then the solution for you is a GPS data logger. Here is our list of the top 6 GPS data loggers on the market for 2024. Now, let’s explore each product and explain what makes them unique.
1. LandAirsSea GPS Asset Tracker – Best Real Time GPS Tracker No Monthly Fees
LandAirSea is a motion-activated, real time GPS tracking, car GPS that allows you to be your own private investigator at a fraction of the cost. Whether you want to keep track of loved ones or catch a cheating partner, this active GPS comes with a full year of real time GPS tracking service that updates vehicle location every single minute. Unlike the rexing GPS logger or Columbus v1000 GPS data logger, LandAirSea can alert you if your vehicle is stolen and allow you to see where your automobile is located 24/7.
- Bust A Cheating Spouse With Second-By-Second Tracking
- Spy Gear Can Be Hidden Under the Vehicle (Magnet Mount)
- Lifetime Technical Support At No Cost
- Counter Surveillance Bug Sweepers Can’t Locate GPS
- Battery Powered Vehicle Locator
- GPS Tracker With No Subscription Fee
2. Qstarz BT-Q1000XT Bluetooth GPS – Bluetooth GPS Data Logger
One of the only data logger GPS solutions with Bluetooth capabilities, Qstarz BL-1000st can be easily connected to iPhone, iPad, or Android devices. But the reason why someone would want to invest in Qstarz BL-1000st over the iTrail GPS logger or other GPS locators on this list is that the Qstarz BT-Q1000XT Bluetooth GPS is a true travel GPS device. Record your travel adventures and track your journey no matter how far you go with this receiver data logger!
Bluetooth Data Logger Features:
- 40-Day Memory Capacity
- Vibration Sensor
- Bluetooth Data Logger
- Data Logger GPS Costs $115.00
- Wired And Wireless GPS Receiver
3. iGOTu GT 600 – Best Sports GPS Data Logger
The i-gotU GT-600 is a USB GPS Travel & Sports Logger designed for avid travelers, adventurers, and photography enthusiasts. With its 65nm SiRF III GPS Chipset, this device not only logs your travels but also integrates effortlessly with digital cameras and camera phones. Seamlessly auto-map your photos with accurate GPS location details, and then vividly display your journey on 3D Google Maps & Google Earth. The GT-600 promises a user-friendly software interface and the versatility to export in multiple formats. Moreover, you can quickly curate and share your live travel blog, keeping your circle in the loop. Its water-resistant design ensures it’s up for any challenge, from rainy treks to skiing and water sports. With the added benefit of a motion detector, this GPS logger becomes a power-efficient daily companion that’s also compatible with third-party navigation software.
- High-Precision GPS: Features the 65nm SiRF III GPS Chipset for accurate location logging.
- Photo Geotagging: Seamlessly auto-map photos with GPS details.
- Versatile Compatibility: Works with all digital cameras, camera phones, and third-party GPS navigation software.
- Interactive Journey Display: Organize and showcase trips on 3D Google Maps & Google Earth.
- Multiple Export Options: Supports various file formats and popular web albums.
- Live Travel Blogging: Easily create and share your travel stories in real-time.
- Durable & Resilient: Designed to be water-resistant, making it suitable for various outdoor activities.
- Energy Efficient: Equipped with a motion detector for optimized power usage.
With the i-gotU GT-600, relive every adventure in detail, share it with friends, and enjoy the journey as much as the destination. Whether you’re capturing moments or mapping out new trails, this device is your perfect companion.
Watch a real customer experience with this GPS data logger on YouTube
4. Powerhobby GNSS Performance Analyzer Bluetooth
The Powerhobby GNSS Performance Analyzer is a Bluetooth-enabled speed meter and data logger tailored for enthusiasts of RC cars and planes. This nifty device helps users ascertain the actual speed of their RC models. If you’ve ever been curious about how modifications impact your RC’s speed, or if you’re looking to analyze acceleration, G-force, and even altitude, this compact and lightweight tool is designed for you.
- App Compatibility: Downloadable on both Android and iOS for real-time tracking.
- Enhanced Accuracy: Utilizes both GPS and GLONASS satellites for precise data.
- Comprehensive Analysis: Measures aspects like acceleration, G-force, altitude, and more.
- Built-in LiPo Battery: Offers up to 5 hours of runtime and is easily charged via micro USB.
- Versatile App Modes: From drag to track races, gain valuable insights on RC performance.
- LED Indicators: Three LEDs provide visual cues about the device’s status.
- Ample Storage: Features 1M built-in memory, storing up to 50 records and auto-replaces older data.
- Measurement Flexibility: Switch between metric and imperial measurements in-app.
Watch a complete review and unboxing of this GPS data logger via YouTube
5. G-Porter GP-102+ Multifunction GPS Device – Best Outdoor GPS Device
The G-Porter GP-102+ is a multifunctional GPS device tailored for avid outdoor enthusiasts and sports professionals. Offering top-notch tracking with its SiRF starIV™ navigation processor, this compact device ensures precise positioning. Whether you’re planning a route, revisiting previous trails, or keen on detailed sports analysis, the GP-102+ has you covered. Its diverse additional tools – from a pedometer to a weather station – make it a versatile companion for various adventures. Plus, with its straightforward “mass storage USB device” design, you won’t deal with pesky driver installations.
- High-Quality Chipset: Features SIRF-IV low-power chipset with 48-track verification channels.
- Versatile Tools: Boasts a barometric altimeter, digital compass, weather station, and gradienter.
- Geotagging: Mark and geotag photos to pinpoint exact locations.
- Fitness Companion: Comes with a pedometer to monitor steps and travel logging capabilities.
- Durability: Water-resistant up to IPX6, ensuring reliability in diverse conditions.
- Find Wayback Feature: Great for outdoor enthusiasts to easily find their way back or locate a target.
- Extended Battery Life: Operates up to 20 hours in GPS mode and 600 hours in time mode.
- Compact & Lightweight: Dimensions of 70mm L x 35mm W x 16mm H and weighs just 40g.
Feel secure and informed during your adventures with the G-Porter GP-102+! Whether you’re hiking, traveling, or analyzing sports data, it’s the reliable companion you need.
Read real customer experiences on this GPS data logger via Google Review
6. Best Selling GPS Tracker For Car – GPS Tracking Key
GPS Data Logger Features
- Top Selling Logger On The Market
- Surface Magnet
- Tracking Data Logs Every Second
- USB GPS Makes For An Easy Download
- Perfect Security Solution For Employee Monitoring
One of the top-selling passive car tracking devices of all time, GPS Tracking Key by LandAirSea was marketed as a spouse GPS tracking logger from 2007 up until the item was discontinued in 2019. The reason why the GPS manufacturer ceased production on the GPS module was that the GPS data logger updated with every Windows and Mac update and this would occasionally cause firmware issues. Mix in the rise of cost-effective real time GPS trackers hitting the market and the result was LandAirSea pivoting toward car tracking devices that provide live location updates.
10 Benefits Of GPS Receivers
GPS data loggers are powerful devices that can record and store location data for later analysis. Although the market is now dominated by real time GPS trackers, here are 10 real-world benefits of data loggers:
- Provides accurate location and speed data with cm-level accuracy
- Offers lap timing for motorsports enthusiasts
- Can record temperature data with the use of external sensors
- Can be integrated with Arduino Uno and other microcontrollers
- Can be used for fleet vehicle management and monitoring
- Offers vibration sensors for monitoring equipment and assets
- Can operate on external power, making it ideal for long-term tracking
- Can store data on SD or microSD cards for easy transfer and analysis
- Can be connected to Bluetooth or USB for wireless data transfer
- Can display data on Google Maps or Google Earth for easy visualization
Some popular GPS data logger models include Columbus V-990, BT-Q1000XT Bluetooth Data Logger GPS, GPS Pro Bluetooth Data Logger, and Bad Elf GPS Pro Bluetooth. These devices offer a wide range of features, such as water resistance, high update rates, and Bluetooth BLE connectivity, making them ideal for a variety of applications.
Understanding Passive GPS
Passive GPS is one of the two classifications of GPS tracking, the other being real-time GPS. While most people are familiar with real-time GPS, passive GPS technology also offers a range of benefits. Passive GPS receivers capture radio signals transmitted from satellites in space, allowing them to determine location, speed, altitude, and other useful data without the need for an Internet connection or cellular coverage.
Passive GPS systems, also known as GPS data loggers, record all historical information, making them valuable for personal safety and fleet vehicle management. However, unlike real-time GPS systems, passive GPS cannot offer live data. Users must remove the device from the target object or vehicle and download the saved location data via a USB connection to a computer or laptop. Once downloaded, the data can be used to track vehicle speeds, stops made, and address information, among other things. The information is displayed in a clear, easy-to-understand text format or overlaid on satellite imagery programs like Microsoft Virtual Earth or Google Earth.
GPS Data Logger Four Points Of Evaluation
The security experts at GPS Tracker Shop decided on four major points of testing; battery life, power options, antenna sensitivity, and intangibles. Many GPS trackers that were tested scored high marks in one or maybe two of the pre-set categories, but the SpaceHawk GPS was the only device to rank highly in all four of the categories. Therefore, SpaceHawk personal tracker is the best no monthly fee GPS tracking device currently on the market.
1. Battery-Life. The average GPS receiver records approximately 10-15 hours of wheels-in-motion driving time. SpaceHawk was able to record GPS data for 20+ hours during testing.
2. Power Options. SpaceHawk GPS offers different powering options, such as a cigarette lighter adapter or wiring cables. These accessories are not included with the purchase but can be used to hard-connect the tracker to a vehicle. This feature provides users with more options for powering the device.
3. Antenna Sensitivity. Antenna sensitivity is actually very important when it comes to covert GPS tracking technology because the majority of the time the GPS tracker will not have an optimum line of sight to the sky. This means that the GPS tracker will need to be able to record accurate data in less-than-ideal locations making antenna sensitivity very important.
4. Intangibles. The vehicle tracking market is crowded, making it hard to compare devices. That’s why intangibles, like warranty and support, are critical. SpaceHawk GPS offers excellent battery life, power options, and antenna sensitivity. It comes with a one-year warranty and 24/7 technical support, which is rare in the GPS tracking industry. Free technical support can give buyers confidence in using the product.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Is The Best GPS Data Logger?
The LandAirSea GPS is the best hidden GPS tracker with no subscription fees. This mini GPS offers real-time tracking updates for a year and does not require any monthly fees. Pretty great right? With unlimited updates every minute, this top-rated GPS vehicle tracker can be easily attached to any asset. Plus, the powerful magnet mount allows you to easily install the tracker discreetly on a vehicle without the driver knowing!
- Wireless GPS Tracker 100% Waterproof
- Less Than $100 For Real Time GPS Car Tracker Updates
- Legal Vehicle Tracking Device
Can I Use A GPS Tracker Without An Internet Connection?
Yes, passive GPS trackers or loggers like the Bad Elf GPS Pro Bluetooth can work without an Internet connection. They use GNSS data to track your location and can store data for later analysis.
What Is The Difference Between GPS And GNSS?
GPS is a type of GNSS, or Global Navigation Satellite System, that was developed by the United States government. Other examples of GNSS include Russia’s GLONASS and Europe’s Galileo.
Can GPS Trackers Work Without A Power Source?
Some GPS trackers like the Columbus V-990 and the BT-Q1000XT Bluetooth Data Logger GPS can operate on external power, such as a battery pack or USB power bank.
How Do I Download Data From A Passive GPS Tracker?
Most GPS trackers or receivers like the ELF GPS Pro Bluetooth come with a USB cable or a microSD card that you can use to transfer data to your computer. Some models may also offer wireless connectivity options, such as Bluetooth or Wi-Fi.
- GPS Data Loggers – 6 Best For 2024
- 1. LandAirsSea GPS Asset Tracker – Best Real Time GPS Tracker No Monthly Fees
- 2. Qstarz BT-Q1000XT Bluetooth GPS – Bluetooth GPS Data Logger
- 3. iGOTu GT 600 – Best Sports GPS Data Logger
- 4. Powerhobby GNSS Performance Analyzer Bluetooth
- 5. G-Porter GP-102+ Multifunction GPS Device – Best Outdoor GPS Device
- 6. Best Selling GPS Tracker For Car – GPS Tracking Key
- 10 Benefits Of GPS Receivers
- Understanding Passive GPS
- GPS Data Logger Four Points Of Evaluation