6 Best GPS Data Loggers
Buying Guide For GPS Trackers Without Monthly Fees
Surveillance devices such as WiFi cameras, cell phone spy apps, and voice recorders are all helpful in uncovering the truth. But if you really want to find out what is going on then the best thing to do is invest in an affordable GPS vehicle tracker. The problem is real time GPS trackers simply cost too much and require monthly fees. Want to track a vehicle but not pay any monthly subscription fees? If you are looking to secretly track a vehicle and find out if a spouse is cheating, an employee is missing company equipment, or any other reason, then the solution for you is a GPS data logger. Here is our list of the top 6 GPS loggers on the market for 2022!
LandAirsSea GPS Asset Tracker
1. Best Overall Real Time GPS Tracker No Monthly Fees
GPS Logger Features:
- Bust A Cheating Spouse With Second-By-Second Tracking
- Spy Gear Can Be Hidden Under Vehicle (Magnet Mount)
- Lifetime Technical Support At No Cost
- Counter Surveillance Bug Sweepers Can’t Locate GPS
- Battery Powered Vehicle Locator
- GPS Tracker With No Subscription Fee
LandAirSea is a motion-activated, real time GPS tracking, car GPS that allows you to be your own private investigator at a fraction of the cost. Whether you want to keep track of loved ones or catch a cheating partner, this active GPS comes with a full year of real time GPS tracking service that updates vehicle location every single minute. Unlike the rexing GPS logger or Columbus v1000 GPS data logger, LandAirSea can alert you if your vehicle is stolen and allow you to see where your automobile is located 24/7.
Qstarz BT-Q1000XT Bluetooth GPS
2. Best Bluetooth GPS Data Logger
Bluetooth Data Logger Features:
- 40 Day Memory Capacity
- Vibration Sensor
- Bluetooth Data Logger
- Data Logger GPS Costs $115.00
- Wired And Wireless GPS Receiver
One of the only data logger GPS solutions with Bluetooth capabilities, Qstarz BL-1000st can be easily connected to iPhone, iPad, or Android devices. But the reason why someone would want to invest in Qstarz BL-1000st over the iTrail GPS logger or other GPS locators on this list is that the Qstarz BT-Q1000XT Bluetooth GPS is a true travel GPS device. Record your travel adventures and track your journey no matter how far you go with this receiver data logger!
iGOTu GT 600
3. Best Sports GPS Data Logger
GPS Logger Features:
- USB GPS Data Logger
- Super Compact Size 46×41.5x14mm
- Can Store Up To 262,000 Waypoints
- Geo Tag Photos
- Record Routes On Google Maps
With a water-resistant hardware design and motion activated sensor, iGOTu GT 600 will give you the technology to record and geotag your adventures.
iTrail GPS Tracking Device
4. Highly Rated GPS Receiver
GPS Logger Features:
- Trail GPS Logger Offers 120 Hours of Storage
- Very Small GPS Vehicle Tracking Device
- Asset Tracker Has Rechargeable Battery
- Top Rated Logging Devices
- Portable GPS Records Driving History
iTrail GPS logger is a motion-activated asset tracking device engineered by KJB Security and sold online at BrickHouse Security. This GPS tracker with magnet case is water-resistant, affordable, and records position every second.
GPS Tracking Key
5. Best Selling GPS Tracker For Car
GPS Data Logger Features
- Top Selling Logger On The Market
- Surface Magnet
- Tracking Data Logs Every Second
- USB GPS Makes For Easy Download
- Perfect Security Solution For Employee Monitoring
One of the top-selling passive car tracking devices of all time, GPS Tracking Key by LandAirSea was marketed as a spouse GPS tracking logger from 2007 up until the item was discontinued in 2019. The reason why the GPS manufacturer ceased production on the GPS module was that the GPS data logger updated with every Windows and Mac update and this would occasionally cause firmware issues. Mix in the rise of cost-effective real time GPS trackers hitting the market and the end result was LandAirSea pivoting toward car tracking devices that provide live location updates.
G-Porter GP-102+ Multifunction GPS Device
6. Best Outdoor GPS Device
- Affordable GPS With Digital Compass
- GPS-Sync, Weather Station, Pedometer, Barometer, Thermometer, Speedometer
- Sports Modes For Marking Outdoor Locations
- Geotag Photos With GPS Units
What makes the GP102 multi-function gps device data logger different than other GPS locators are this list is that this sports GPS data logger is specifically designed for outdoor activity. This handheld GPS will allow you to geotag photos, provide weather updates, and give you
GPS Receiver Data Logger
What You Need To Know About GPS Receivers
An affordable automotive monitoring solution for families and businesses, GPS data loggers offer second-by-second positional tracking, zero reliance on cellular networks, and no monthly fees for service! Users need only to download historical GPS tracking data directly from the system to a computer when they want to review driving activity!
- Teenage Motorist Safety
- Businesses Validating Employee Travels
- Relationship Verification
- Law Enforcement Covert Surveillance
What Is Passive GPS?
When it comes to GPS tracking there are two forms of classification: real-time GPS and passive GPS. Although most people are familiar with how real-time GPS tracking works, passive GPS technology can offer a wide range of benefits, but first one must understand what passive GPS means.
Passive GPS are receivers that capture radio signals transmitted from satellites floating in space orbit. Through this connection, the tracker can determine speed, location, altitude, arrival times, and an assortment of other data that can be extremely helpful in applications related to personal safety or fleet vehicle management. Since passive devices are receivers they do not require an Internet connection or cellular coverage to acquire data. This means a person can use a passive car tracker anywhere in the world and not run into technical issues.
Passive GPS systems are also known as GPS data loggers because they record all historical information. This is very important for a consumer or company to understand because passive systems cannot offer live, real-time data. The user must remove the passive GPS from the target object, asset, or vehicle and download the saved location data. The download is complete by using a simple USB connection to a personal computer or laptop. Once the data from the GPS has been downloaded the user can see how fast a car was operating, the stops it made, address information, and other valuable documentation captured via satellite technology. The data is typically displayed in a text format that breaks down all activity in a clear, easy-to-understand fashion or imposed over a satellite imagery program such as Microsoft Virtual Earth or Google Earth.
Benefits Of Passive GPS
The most advantageous feature of using passive GPS is that technology does not require any activation or monthly service fees for data usage. That means a data logger is a GPS tracker with no monthly fee! The hardware also tends to be much more affordable than real-time GPS tracking technology. Other benefits of passive GPS include refresh rates every second and longer battery life, and the ability for passive devices to work anywhere in the world without the need for cellular towers!
Passive GPS Data Logger
Passive GPS: Helping The Business World
For small companies that don’t have the budget for real-time GPS, passive GPS provides the technological solution to organizing driving records, accounting for mileage driven in company automobiles, and finding out if employees are conducting work efficiently while operating in the field. Passive GPS is the cost-appropriate monitoring technology for any small business that wants to enhance automotive fleet and personnel efficiency.
Best GPS Data Logger 2022
- Wireless GPS Tracker 100% Waterproof
- Less Than $100 For Real Time GPS Car Tracker Updates
- Legal Vehicle Tracking Device
Companies seeking a fleet tracking solution for business vehicle management typically will find the SpaceHawk real-time GPS tracker the top cost-friendly GPS data logger. This live GPS car tracker comes with a full year of real time tracking updates and does not require any monthly subscription. This top-rated GPS vehicle tracker provides unlimited updates every minute and can be attached to any vehicle in seconds without a driver ever knowing.
GPS Hardware Four Points Of Evaluation
Whenever a company does a test on a product they first need to determine which points of emphasis or most critical in an evaluation. After much discussion and debate, the analysts at GPS Tracker Shop decided on four major points of testing; battery life, power options, antenna sensitivity, and intangibles. Many GPS trackers that were tested scored high marks in one or maybe two of the pre-set categories, but the SpaceHawk GPS was the only device to rank highly in all four of the categories, giving the personal tracker title as the best no monthly fee GPS tracking device currently on the market.
1. Battery-Life The average GPS receiver records approximately 30-15 hours of wheels in motion driving time on a standard set of batteries at the highest refresh rate set (every second). However, PlayBack GPS was able to record data every second for a little over 50 hours. This battery life expanded to approximately 100 hours when a higher grade battery was used, offering significantly more power than any other GPS data logger on the market today!
2. Power Options: Although GPS data loggers are more commonly used among consumers, businesses, and police agencies as portable solutions, SpaceHawk GPS provides an outlet for users to connect the GPS tracker to a vehicle using a cigarette lighter adapter or hard-connect using wiring cables. Both the cigarette lighter adapter and wiring cables are accessories that do not come with the purchase of a SpaceHawk GPS, but it is still great to know that those looking for additional powering options have that ability.
3. Antenna Sensitivity: Antenna sensitivity is actually very important when it comes to covert GPS tracking technology because the majority of the time the GPS tracker will not have an optimum line of sight to the sky. This means that the GPS tracker will need to be able to record accurate data in less than ideal locations making antenna sensitivity very important.
4. Intangibles: The vehicle tracking market is becoming increasingly saturated making it very difficult to compare different GPS tracking devices. That is why the fourth category of evaluation, intangibles, is so critical. After SpaceHawk GPS tested fantastic in terms of battery life, offering users multiple powering options and providing great antenna sensitivity, our team noticed a couple of other great things about SpaceHawk GPS. First of all, the GPS tracker is backed by a one-year warranty by an American-based company that has been working in the field of GPS tracking for over 15 years, something that very few if any companies can state, but most importantly that the SpaceHawk GPS is also backed with 24/7 technical support for free! Many people can get frustrated when it comes to using technological products and having access to free technical support is a great way to instill confidence in the buyer.
The best GPS data logger our experts have tested thus far has been SpaceHawk GPS and at a retail value of $89.00, anyone looking to monitor a car should consider this product.
Sage is a freelance writer with a background in information technology.
- 6 Best GPS Data Loggers
- LandAirsSea GPS Asset Tracker
- Qstarz BT-Q1000XT Bluetooth GPS
- iGOTu GT 600
- iTrail GPS Tracking Device
- GPS Tracking Key
- G-Porter GP-102+ Multifunction GPS Device