Using Apple AirTags To Track Your Spouse’s Car
Are you worried your partner might be unfaithful and are considering tracking your spouse with an Apple AirTag? If so, there are some very important things you need to consider regarding unwanted tracking and the possible legal ramifications of when you track people without telling them. This article will go over everything you need to know about the popular AirTag Apple devices, GPS tracking laws, and what you should consider before actively tracking your spouse.
Can you use an AirTag to track your husband’s car? The short answer is yes. However, you should consider privacy laws before using any surveillance tool to catch a cheating spouse. But we will go into all of that in more detail further in this article.
How To Track A Car Using AirTags In 6 Easy Steps
Apple strongly condemns in the strongest way possible that you should not use Apple devices to secretly track people or another person’s car without them knowing. But hey, you don’t care because you see the signs your husband is cheating and want answers. If that sounds right, then here are 6 easy steps to track your husband’s car using an Apple AirTag:
- Attach the AirTag to your car’s keychain or place it in a safe location in the car.
- Open the “Find My” app on your iPhone, iPad, or Mac.
- Sign in to your iCloud account.
- Select the AirTag from the list of devices and tap “Notify When Found” to set up notifications.
- You will receive a notification when the AirTag is located, and you can see the car’s location on a map.
- You can also ask Siri to locate your AirTag, by saying “Hey Siri, where’s my car?”
- You can also see the current location and the last known location of your AirTag in the “Find My” app on your iPhone, iPad, or Mac, and can also play a sound from the AirTag to help you locate it.
It’s worth noting that you need to have an iPhone or iPad with iOS 14.5 or later, or macOS 11.2.5 or later, and iCloud account, and also your AirTag should be active, and your device should be connected to the internet to use the find my app to locate the AirTag.
Related Article: Best Way To Secretly Track A Car
Will My Husband Know There Is An AirTag In His Car?
Apple has built awesome devices that are very cool, but if your husband is an iPhone user he might catch you tracking him. How? See, Apple devices can be network connected. So if your husband has an iPhone, iPad, or Mac and is signed in to the same iCloud account as you, he will be able to see the location of the AirTag on his device as well as receive notifications if you have set it up that way. Yikes!
Another potential problem is if you are using the “Find My” app to track the AirTag, your husband will be able to see the location of the AirTag on the map in the app and track its movements. This is the reason you should consider a magnetic portable GPS tracker you can easily hide on his car and then track him remotely from a companion app on your phone. This way you can find out where he is going and if he is lying to you without him ever suspecting a thing! Here are the 5 most popular magnetic GPS trackers currently sold on Amazon.
- SpaceHawk Real Time GPS: The best overall GPS vehicle tracker for catching a cheating spouse, this mini GPS makes it easy to find out the truth.
- Spy Tec STI GL300 GPS Tracker: This is a compact and portable GPS tracker that can be easily hidden and placed on a vehicle. It uses a magnetic case for easy attachment and has a long battery life.
- Linxup OBD GPS Tracker: This mini GPS tracker connects to the OBD-II port of a vehicle and provides real-time location tracking, as well as vehicle diagnostics and alerts.
- Amcrest GPS: This GPS tracker is small, portable, and can be placed on a vehicle or on a person, it has a magnetic case for easy attachment and it has a long battery life.
- LandAirSea GPS Tracker 54: This real time GPS tracker is compact and waterproof, and has a magnetic case for easy attachment to a vehicle. It provides real-time location tracking, as well as historical location data and geofencing.
GPS trackers are more reliable and less detectable than AirTags, Tiles, and other Bluetooth tracking devices. Actively tracking someone without them knowing simply isn’t easy with an AirTag and Tile device compared to a mini GPS tracking device.
Do Apple AirTags Use GPS Tracking?
Yes, Apple AirTag uses GPS to determine its location. The AirTag uses a combination of technologies including GPS, Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth to determine its location. When the AirTag is out of range of any of the devices connected to your iCloud account, it will use GPS to pinpoint its location and then use the nearby Wi-Fi network to send that location information to iCloud and update its location. So, if the AirTag is lost or misplaced, you can use the “Find My” app on an iPhone, iPad, or Mac to locate it.
Related Content: 5 Ways To Spy On Your Husband
Sage is a freelance writer with a background in information technology.