My Boyfriend Put A GPS On My Vehicle – What Should I Do!?
What You Need To Do If You Find A Hidden GPS Tracker On Your Car
Imagine cleaning your vehicle and then stumbling across a GPS tracking device. Naturally, the feeling of anger would flood your body, and of course, the question, “Who put this hidden GPS tracker in my car?”. For many women, this is a reality as paranoid boyfriends all across the country frequently GPS tracking technology to spy on their girlfriends. If you found a tracking device in your car and suspect your boyfriend might be spying on you, here are some helpful tips on what you should do next!
Where Would My Boyfriend Put A GPS Tracker?
If you suspect your boyfriend (or ex-partner) might be spying on you the first thing you need to do is find out if he put a tracking device on your car. That means you need to scan your vehicle for some of the popular spots most men hide GPS vehicle trackers on their girlfriends’ cars. If you asked yourself, “Where would my boyfriend put a GPS in the car?” here is where you need to check:
- Underneath your car
- Inside your vehicle’s glovebox
- Stuffed inside a seat
- Beneath the driver or passenger seats
- The OBD2 port (Click here to find out where this is on your car)
Related Content: How To Track My Husband’s Car Without Him Knowing
Boyfriend Is Tracking Me
If you searched in the following spots mentioned above and found a GPS tracker there is a very good chance your boyfriend is tracking you. But before you let paranoia fill your mind it is important to do a little investigative work. That means removing the tracker from the car and looking at the device to find a serial number or any identifying information that could help you determine who the manufacturer of the product is. With a serial number, you can call the manufacturer or reseller and find out who purchased the device. This information can then be relayed to local law enforcement who can determine if any laws were broken or privacy rights infringed upon.
Some of the most popular resellers of GPS tracking equipment are BrickHouse Security, LandAirSea, GPS TrackIt, Tracki, and SpyTec.
10 Signs Your Boyfriend Might Be Stalking You
- He shows up unannounced and unexpectedly and doesn’t seem to respect your boundaries.
- He calls, texts, or emails you frequently, and gets angry or upset if you don’t respond immediately.
- He insists on knowing your whereabouts at all times and asks detailed questions about your activities.
- He asks your friends or family members for information about you or tries to keep tabs on you through social media or other online channels.
- He seems to be monitoring your online activity, and might even log into your accounts without your permission.
- He makes unwanted physical contact, such as touching or hugging you when you don’t want it, or blocking your path to prevent you from leaving.
- He makes threatening or aggressive comments, such as saying that he’ll hurt you or himself if you leave him.
- He tries to control your behavior or your appearance, and might even become jealous or angry if you talk to other men.
- He follows you or drives by your home, workplace, or other locations where you spend time.
- He tries to isolate you from your friends, family, or support network, and might try to make you feel guilty or ashamed for spending time with others.
If you’re experiencing any of these warning signs in your personal life, it’s important to take them seriously. That means seeking help from a trusted friend, family member, or professional. You have the right to feel safe and respected in your relationships, and there are resources available to help you. We will take a deeper dive into the resources available in the FAQs section.
My Boyfriend Put A Tracker On My Car – FAQs
Illegal To Put A GPS Tracker On Girlfriend’s Car?
Once you have found the tracker, discovered who made the device, figured out your boyfriend was the one who purchased the tracker, and contacted law enforcement to file a complaint, you might be surprised about the GPS tracking laws. Is it illegal for a boyfriend to put a GPS tracker on his girlfriend’s car? The answer is it depends on a lot of factors. First of all, what state do you live in, who owns the vehicle, and whether or not the tracker is placed inside or outside of the vehicle? This is the reason you need to speak with the police in the area where you live, as well as an attorney who has some experience in stalking and/or privacy rights cases.
What Resources Are Available For Women Being Stalked By Their Boyfriends?
Again, if your boyfriend or ex-boyfriend is stalking you it is critical you seek help right away. The good news is there are many resources available to help women who are being stalked by their boyfriends. Here are a few options:
- National Domestic Violence Hotline: The National Domestic Violence Hotline offers support and information for victims of domestic violence and stalking. You can call 1-800-799-SAFE (7233) or chat online with an advocate for help.
- Law Enforcement: If you feel that you are in immediate danger, call 911 or your local law enforcement agency. You can also ask for a restraining order or protective order to help protect you from further stalking or abuse.
- Therapy: A therapist can provide support and guidance for dealing with the emotional impact of stalking, as well as help you develop strategies for staying safe and protecting your privacy.
- Technology Safety Resources: There are many resources available to help you protect your digital privacy and safety, such as online safety planning tools, guides for securing your devices and accounts, and resources for dealing with cyberstalking.
Remember, you are not alone, and there are many resources available to help you. Don’t hesitate to reach out for help and support.
What Percentage Of Stalkers Become Violent?
Unfortunately, it’s hard to say how many stalkers become violent, but it can depend on several factors. Be careful and protect yourself by seeking help and support. Remember that you don’t have to face this alone and that there are resources available to you if you need help.
- My Boyfriend Put A GPS On My Vehicle – What Should I Do!?
- Where Would My Boyfriend Put A GPS Tracker?
- Boyfriend Is Tracking Me