5 Best GPS Trackers For A Trailer – 2023 Buyer’s Guide
Did you know trailers are used for everything from transporting assets to livestock and other equipment? Whether it be the everyday family using a trailer to transport a boat for a relaxing weekend getaway or a construction business utilizing a winch to move supplies, trailers are essential in helping people move important items. Trailers provide significant value because of their design and simplicity, but they also bring something much less desired: the attention of criminals. This is the reason why more people are investing in trailer GPS trackers. Now, let’s learn a bit more about trailer security products and find out the best-hidden GPS tracking device for protecting tractors!
LandAirSea: Best GPS Tracker For Trailer No Monthly Fee
- Unlimited Tracking For Trailers Every 60 Seconds
- Rated Best For Tracking Trailers – GPS Tracking Review 2023
- No Subscription Is Required For Accurate 4G Real Time GPS Tracking
LandAirSea is the first GPS asset tracking solution designed specifically to help you monitor your trailer 24/7. This waterproof magnetic GPS will track your trailer every minute anywhere in the United States. And the best part? You can program the asset tracking device to alert you the very second your trailer is moved! The email or text alert will allow you to know the very moment a renter has returned your equipment trailers or if someone has stolen your trailers.
LandAirSea is an absolute beast of a magnetic GPS tracker. Why? Because this waterproof, self-contained, GPS tracker with a magnet can be used to track a trailer, motorcycle, vehicle, or any asset! Do you want to always know where your trailers are located? Do you want to quickly recover your trailer if it is stolen? Then consider the LandAirSea trailer tracker!
Bottom Line: LandAirSea is great if you want a wireless GPS trailer tracker with no subscription fees.
- Dimensions: 2.275″ x 1.815″ x 0.940″
- Weight: 2.2 oz
- Battery life: Up to 2 weeks of continuous tracking on a single charge
- GPS accuracy: Within 7 feet of the device’s location
- Cellular technology: 4G LTE
- Real-time tracking: Unlimited updates every 60 seconds
Trak4: Amazon Choice For Trailer Theft Prevention
The Trak4 will check in once daily, even when not moving. You’ll get a text or email alert when your trailer leaves or enters a selected area (geofencing). And, even when there’s no GPS signal available (inside garages, buildings, etc.), Trak4 cellular trilateration gives an approximate location. And did we mention this wired GPS for tracking trailers? Yes! Connect this realtime tracking device to 12-volt power on your equipment, trailer, or vehicle for a continual trickle charge!
Bottom Line: Trak4 GPS tracker is a rugged, and durable wired solution for tracking trailers
Monthly Subscription Fees:
- 10-Minute Reporting: $16.99 per month
- 1-Minute Reporting: $18.98 per month
- Dimensions: 2.75″ x 3.70″ x 1.30″
- Weight: 4.6 oz
- Battery Power: Up to 12 months on a single charge (with daily updates), or up to 2 weeks with continuous tracking
- Accuracy: Within 10 feet of the device’s location
- Power Save Mode: Automatically activates when the device is stationary for more than 5 minutes
Operating temperature: -4°F to 140°F (-20°C to 60°C)
ELD Mandate: Tail Light GPS Tracker
The Trailer Light GPS Tracker is the ideal solution for anyone looking to protect their equipment trailer from theft. The best part about this tracking system? The GPS asset tracking device can be installed in less than 1-minute! With a discreet design that looks and functions like a normal LED light, thieves will never suspect a thing!
The Trailer Light GPS Tracker offers real-time tracking updates every 5 minutes while on the move. This allows you to keep an eye on the location of your trailer at all times. In addition to its tracking capabilities, the Trailer Light GPS Tracker includes a DOT-approved red and clear color tail brake light, as well as a 3-axis accelerometer for motion sensing and impact detection. The device uses a standard hardshell plug, so no extra wiring is required, and it draws power from the stop and tail light circuits, so you can be sure that it won’t drain your trailer’s battery. With simple, secure APIs for integration into 3rd party management systems and web-based device management, the Trailer Light GPS Tracker is a reliable and efficient solution for protecting your equipment trailer.
Bottom Line: This is a fantastic 4G GPS for covert trailer tracking but there are very limited online reviews.
Volt: Wired GPS Locator By Brickhouse Security
If you’re in search of a reliable GPS tracker for your vehicle to prevent trailer theft, the Volt GPS Tracker from Brickhouse Security is a great option. This trailer and car tracking device offers 24/7 real-time GPS monitoring, instant alerts, and route details without any hidden charges or cancellation fees. There is a subscription required but when you opt to pay a year in full it is only $17.99 per month!
Installing the Volt GPS Tracker is a breeze with its discreet and easy-to-use hardware. You can install it using your vehicle’s battery with the help of step-by-step videos available on Brickhouse Security’s YouTube channel. The company also provides free technical support for the life of the fleet GPS solution.
Volt GPS comes with a free mobile and web app compatible with both iPhone and Android devices. Plus, the tracker is compatible with Google Maps for seamless tracking and mapping. Brickhouse Seucrity’s Volt GPS also includes a SIM card that is FCC and PTCRB certified. That means the fleet tracking solution has coverage in the US, Mexico, and Canada!
Bottom Line: Brickhouse Security’s Volt is a great hard-wired trailer GPS tracker for global coverage in North America
- Size: 3.8 x 2.2 x 0.9 inches
- Weight: 2.4 ounces
- Accuracy: within 7.8 feet (2.4 meters)
- Operating temperature: -4°F to 140°F (-20°C to 60°C)
- Storage temperature: -22°F to 158°F (-30°C to 70°C)
- SIM card included: Yes
- FCC and PTCRB certified: Yes
Car Dealership GPS: Battery Powered GPS With 3 Year Battery Life For Trailer Security
Why would you want to invest in a car dealership magnetic GPS tracker for your utility trailers? The answer is battery life. Car dealers use GPS trackers if they ever need to repo a vehicle they financed. But these same GPS locators are the perfect fit if you want a wireless GPS tracker you can hide on your trailer for theft protection!
What makes the car GPS for auto dealers unique is that it provides upwards of 3 years of battery power before it needs to be recharged. Oh, and did we mention the tracking system is only $35 per year for unlimited real time GPS updates? Simply attach this tracker to your trailer and get alerted the moment it is moved without your authorization.
Bottom Line: This is the best magnetic GPS tracker with long battery life for theft prevention of trailers.
- Dimensions: 3.51 in x 3.28 in x 0.83 in
- Power: 3-Year Battery Life
- Operating Temperature: -4F to 140F
What Is A Trailer GPS Tracker?
If you’re concerned about the safety and security of your trailer, GPS trailer tracking is an excellent solution. A GPS trailer tracker is a small electronic device that uses the Global Positioning System (GPS) to track the location of your trailer. By installing a GPS tracker on your trailer, you can receive live updates on the trailer’s location at all times, allowing you to keep an eye on your valuable assets.
One of the key features of GPS trailer tracking is movement alerts. You can set up notifications to receive alerts when your trailer is moved without your authorization. This means that you can take immediate action if your trailer is stolen or being used without your permission. With real-time updates and instant alerts, you can have peace of mind knowing that you’ll be alerted the moment anything happens to your trailer.
How To Find My Stolen Trailer – Geofencing
Real-time GPS tracking is an incredibly effective solution for enhancing asset protection and vehicle security. This is because GPS asset trackers provide live locational updates on a trailer’s whereabouts 24/7. The trailer GPS tracking data is transmitted to an off-site server. This allows you to remotely view the GPS information from a mobile phone, tablet, or web browser. The key feature that makes real-time GPS tracking devices ideal for safeguarding trailers is the instant notifications and alerts. These real time GPS alerts will text or email you the very second your trailer is moved without authorization!
To create a safe zone, you will first equip the asset tracker on your trailer. Then, use online software to establish a geographical fence over a digital mapping program like Google Earth. This is typically done over a mobile app. Once this safe zone is established, the trailer is under constant surveillance and will alert you the very second the trailer is moved. If the battery-powered GPS tracker for the trailer is moved, you will be alerted and can go online to see the live GPS tracking data. You can then relay the information to law enforcement and successfully recover the stolen trailer quickly!
7 Best Ways To Prevent Trailer Theft – According To Experts
- Use A GPS Locator: Install a wired GPS tracker or attach a Waterproof magnetic mini GPS tracker to your trailer. Why? This will allow you to track the trailer’s location and receive alerts if it’s moved without your authorization.
- Use A Lock: Install a lock on the hitch or wheel of the trailer to make it more difficult to steal.
- Park In A Secure Location: This seems like an obvious tip, but sometimes the simplest is best. Always try and park your trailer in a secure location, such as a garage or storage facility, whenever possible. If you must park it in a public area, choose a well-lit and high-traffic location.
- Use A Trailer Coupler Lock: Use a trailer coupler lock to prevent thieves from connecting your trailer to their vehicle. This device fits over the hitch and prevents a thief from towing the trailer away.
- Install An Alarm System: Consider installing an alarm system on your trailer. An alarm will sound if anyone tries to enter the trailer, move it, or disconnect it from your vehicle.
- Remove Valuables: Remove any valuable items from the trailer, such as tools or equipment. This makes the trailer less attractive to thieves.
- Check Your Insurance Coverage: Make sure your trailer is covered under your insurance policy. If it’s not, consider adding coverage specifically for the trailer. In case of theft, having the right insurance coverage can help you recoup your losses.
Related Article: 10 Best Realtime Tracking Devices For GPS Fleet Management
How Many Trailers Are Stolen Each Year In The USA?
According to the National Insurance Crime Bureau (NICB), there were 22,139 reported cases of stolen trailers in the United States in 2020. And most security experts believe that number to be much higher. Why? This number only includes reported thefts and doesn’t account for unreported cases. Law enforcement suggests GPS trailer tracking devices are the best tool for preventing trailer theft and aiding in the safe recovery of stolen trailers.
What Are The Different Types Of Trailers Called?
Here is a short list of the most common types of utility trailers used among consumers and businesses:
- Travel Trailers: A type of RV that is towed by a vehicle and provides living accommodations while traveling.
- Recreational Trailers: A type of trailer used for recreational activities such as camping or traveling.
Full Trailers: A type of trailer that is not attached to a vehicle, but can be moved using a trailer hitch.
- Motorcycle Trailers: A type of trailer designed to transport motorcycles.
- Livestock Trailers: A type of trailer designed to transport livestock such as cattle, horses, and pigs.
- Pickup Trailers:
- ACP Backtracking Genset Trailer: A type of trailer that is equipped with a generator set and used for power generation and supply.
- Semi-Trailers: A type of trailer that is designed to be attached to a semi-truck and used for transporting large quantities of goods or materials.
- Close-Coupled Trailers: A type of trailer that is attached to a vehicle using a ball hitch and used for transporting smaller items.
- Trailer Winches: A type of trailer accessory used for pulling or lifting heavy objects.
- Boat Trailers: A type of trailer designed to transport boats from one place to another.
- Tractor Trailers: A type of trailer that is designed to be attached to a tractor and used for transporting agricultural goods or heavy machinery.
Whether it is a dump trailer or an enclosed trailer, its own unique asset offers features that are designed to serve a specific purpose. This is why it is essential to choose the right type of trailer for your needs, as this can affect the safety and efficiency of your transportation.
Are There Any Subscription Fees For Using A Trailer GPS Tracker?
Yes, there may be ongoing may be monthly data obligations associated with using a GPS tracker for your trailer. Almost all trailer and car GPS tracker solutions require monthly or annual service fees for data transmission and access to the tracking platform. The exact cost will depend on the specific device and service plan you chose – whether that be a monthly or annual data plan.
The LandAirSea GPS trailer tracking device is the only magnetic mini GPS tracker with no subscription required.
If you’re looking for a trailer GPS tracker, it’s important to consider the device’s portability and covert placement capabilities. At GPS Tracker Shop, we offer a range of GPS tracking solutions from wired tracker devices to portable GPS systems with magnetic mounts. We have a detailed testing process for evaluating GPS asset trackers, and our diverse line of hardware options ensures that both businesses and consumers can find the right trailer tracking solution to meet their needs
- 5 Best GPS Trackers For A Trailer – 2023 Buyer’s Guide
- LandAirSea: Best GPS Tracker For Trailer No Monthly Fee
- Trak4: Amazon Choice For Trailer Theft Prevention
- ELD Mandate: Tail Light GPS Tracker
- Volt: Wired GPS Locator By Brickhouse Security
- Car Dealership GPS: Battery Powered GPS With 3 Year Battery Life For Trailer Security