GPS Tracking For Teenagers
Best Teenage Driving Monitoring Devices 2019
One of the most important moments in a young adult’s life is when they turn that golden age of 16 and can finally obtain the freedom that is associated with receiving a driver’s license. After a teen completes driver’s education course work, behind the wheel training both professionally and with parents and a state DMV driver’s test, they have completed the prerequisites required to obtain freedom through an automobile. As exciting of a moment this may be for the teenager, the moment is bittersweet for the parent(s) because they are well aware of the responsibilities that come with a driver’s license. Parents are also aware that drivers under the age of 25 are one of the groups of drivers most ticketed on the road, and that the main cause of premature death among teenagers is automobile accidents. With proactive parents understanding the impact that inexperienced and distracted driving can have on a teenage driver, many are investing in GPS teen tracking devices to help alleviate the anxiety and increase personal safety.
GPS Tracking For Teenage Drivers
Why Parents Are Investing In GPS Teen Trackers
Imagine never having to worry about where your teen is, or wondering what time they arrived home the night prior. Imagine having a tool that could notify you when a teen was driving dangerously, and could tell you everywhere they have been. Parents never have to worry about bad driving habits or examining fishy stories with the help of a GPS teen tracking device.
GPS teen tracking systems can improve teen safety by empowering concerned parents with the absolute truth. Unfortunately, teenagers will lie, but vehicle tracking devices that utilize sophisticated satellite technology do not. GPS teen tracking systems will inform parents about the locations their teen is frequenting, whether or not dangerous driving behaviors such as speeding are occurring and a wealth of other data related to driving activity. Live car trackers will allow parents to view this potentially life-saving driving information online with a few clicks of a mouse, or data can be accessed via manual download with a cost-effective passive data logger.
Parents can hardwire a GPS teen tracking device to their teen’s vehicle, or use a portable personal GPS tracker that operates off internal battery power to monitor teenage driving activity. Hardwiring a real-time tracking unit allows parents to never have to worry about battery life, but portability can also prove to be advantageous. Portable teen trackers are designed with outside magnetic mount, giving concerned parents an easy way to connect the device to the outside of the their teen’s vehicle covertly.
GPS teen tracking devices are excellent preventative mechanisms of bad driving behavior. Through the use of these GPS tracker systems, parents can intervene and begin to shape positive driving behaviors if there is ever a cause for concern. Another benefit of using GPS teen tracking devices is that many car insurers will extend discounts to families who utilize the technology because of the positive impact they have on driving behavior. That is something both parent and teen will agree is a good thing!
Teenage Driving Monitoring Apps
Can I Use The GPS Technology In My Teen’s Cell Phone Instead?
Although every cell phone is now equipped with some form or component of GPS chip, using a cell phone for GPS teen tracking is one of the worst ways for concerned parents to monitor a teen. The first problem with monitoring driving activity through a cell phone is that the phone can easily be manipulated. Crafty teens can power down their cell phone at anytime, making it impossible for a parent to access driving or location-based information.
Another problem with cell phone tracking is accuracy. Cell phone GPS technology uses cellular triangulation to determine position, utilizing cell towers rather than the network of GPS satellites orbiting the Earth. Therefore, it is very common for people using cell phone GPS software or apps to receive false information from position, speeds driven and more.
Cellular reception is another flaw of using cellular GPS tracking technology. We have all at one time or another experienced being on a phone call and then out of nowhere having that call dropped or lost. This is because the cellular phone lost its connection with a wireless signal. When concerned parents are relying on a teen’s cellular GPS to provide them with accurate data they are dependent upon the cellular networks surrounding the cell phone. If the teen’s cell phone is in an area where weak coverage or no cellular coverage is present, inaccurate or no data will be transmitted.
Why Teen Driving Can Be Dangerous
Unlike most other drivers on the roadways, teens have three particular hurdles that can have a negative impact on their behind the wheel performance. These negative influences on driving include cellular phone usage, speeding and peer pressure.
Teen Cell Phone Monitoring & Driving Safety:
In a recent survey conducted on teen driving safety, 100% of teens surveyed admitted to sending a SMS text message while operating a motor vehicle.
- A combination of inexperienced driving and texting while driving greatly increases the probability of teenager becoming involved in an accident.
- Over 50% of teens surveyed admitted to frequently talking on the phone while driving.
- A teenage driver speaking on the phone while operating a vehicle is two times more likely to be involved in a traffic collision.
Teenage Speeding/Aggressive Driving:
- Over half of all teen drivers have stated they had exceeded the posted speed limit by 10 mph more than once.
- Approximately 25% of teen drivers considered themselves aggressive drivers, and stated that they had exceeded the posted speed limit by more than 20mph more than once.
- Over 20% of teen drivers in the survey stated that they believe driving fast is fun and exciting.
For more stats and information on teen driving please click here!
Teen Driving & Peer Pressure:
- Nearly 50% of teen drivers expressed that they are more cautious and attentive when other teenage passengers were not in the vehicle while they were driving.
- More than 2 out of 3 teenagers expressed that they did not feel safe while being the passenger in another teen’s vehicle.
- More than half of the teenagers surveyed stated that if they were passengers in a car while another teen was driving dangerously, they would not say anything about the dangerous driving behavior.
Increasing Teen Driving Safety
Here are a few simple ways concerned parents of teenage drivers can increase teen driving safety.
- Reduce or eliminate teen driving after hours: Many studies have shown that driving at night greatly increases the risk of being involved in an accident.
- Make your teen’s car a cell phone free zone: Distracted drivers are bad drivers, and when inexperience behind the wheel combines with distraction, the result is never good. Safe driving advocacy groups widely recognize talking on a cell phone while driving one of the most distracting things a driver can do.
- Have your teen get a good night of sleep: Drivers who are well rested are much less likely to be involved in an automobile accident. This is because driver fatigue can result in slower reaction times.
- Invest in a GPS teen tracker device: There is no better way to determine whether your teen is adhering to the rules of the road or engaging in dangerous driving habits than through the use of a GPS teen tracking device. Having complete and total access to a teen’s driving behavior is the first step to understanding and shaping driving behaviors.
Best Teen GPS Tracking Devices for Parents 2019
No Monthly Fee GPS Tracker
When it comes to GPS teen tracking there are two types of devices on the market for parents: car tracking devices with no monthly fees and real time GPS car trackers. Teen GPS trackers with no fees allow parents to know everywhere their teenage son or daughter has been as well as the max speed they drove on any given day. GPS data loggers just need to be removed from the teen’s car to access the historical GPS data.
The best GPS data logger in 2019 is the Flashback GPS.
Real Time GPS Tracker For Car
Parents wanting real time updates on where their teen driver is located as well as the option to be alerted if the teen is speeding will want to invest in real time GPS tracking devices. Concerned parents can connect a GPS teen tracking device to the OBD2 port, hard-wire the device to the 12-volt system, os simply use a stand-alone device in the teen’s car to get live updates on driving activity 24/7.
The best real time GPS tracker for cars is the SilverCloud Overdrive.
- GPS Tracking For Teenagers
- Best Teenage Driving Monitoring Devices 2019
- GPS Tracking For Teenage Drivers
- Teenage Driving Monitoring Apps
- Best Teen GPS Tracking Devices for Parents 2019
- Real Time GPS Tracker For Car